[Actionchix] Choice of CMS

Gloria strangest at comcast.net
Fri Mar 17 00:24:04 EST 2006

Clytie Siddall wrote:

> On 16/03/2006, at 10:54 PM, Sulamita Garcia wrote:
>
>> I thing would be a great idea if we can develop a layout to be used
>> for the
>> chapters too. I just built a new one, if help of some designer friend,
>> because I have no sense of design at all. I ask for some geek girly
>> aspect,
>> and the result you can see at http://www.linuxchix.org.br/ . But I
>> would
>> certainly accept to change it to keep with the linuxchix.org. I  just
>> don't
>> use the actual because I know nothing about plone/zope.
>

> Your site looks great, Sulamita! :)

I agree. I love the look and feel. Very nice!

> I have used Drupal quite a bit as a member/user, and also recommend
> it. (However, I have very little knowledge of its admin aspects.)

I am worried about the maintenance of anything PHP based. I am currently
paid to maintain a PHP site that has grown into an unmanageable mess. It
takes lots of time to clean up. But then again, I guess any tool or
language could get you into the same snafu if one does not use it well.

Gloria