[Actionchix] HTML helping hands

chris lists at semioticpixels.com
Thu Mar 16 06:40:41 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 19:16 +0100, Doc Nielsen wrote:
> i vote on HTML 4.01 Trans... it works on older browsers as well.
I've never seen an xhtml transitional website that didn't work on older
browsers.

I just have to point out that I've been messing around with websites
since the early 1990's and I haven't used html 4 since the 90's. That
doesn't mean that it's an invalid choice, but I don't understand the
argument for using something that's so old.

I think though, the choice of cms will likely help in determining which
version of html to use since most cms' come with default templates that
are then modified. And most of those templates will be xhtml
transitional.

Cheers!
chris