[Actionchix] State of the new website

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sat Jun 24 22:36:59 UTC 2006

I'm going to send these out fortnightly I hope, so that this project
doesn't slowly disappear. Since I'm loosely coordinating it, it will
invite comment from others.

1. Move to new server

Complete as far as the website goes, I believe.

2. Restructure of website for more consistent semantics as far as "what
   goes in which section?"

I don't know the status of this work, can someone update us?

3. Cleanup of HTML

I really don't know the status of this work, I think it may have been
waiting on 2. Any comment?

4. Move content to Plone

I believe this is waiting on the work in 2, any comment?

5. Redesign

We only ever had one official entry to our design competition, by Chris.
There was also a second unofficial entry: a header and logo colouring by
Máirín Duffy, although my understanding was that this was a sort of a
draft for comment.

To be honest, my feeling is that therefore, the redesign contest was a
failure. What I am currently tempted to do is:
 - wait until the move to Plone is complete
 - task a single chick or a small team thereof with simply implementing
   a design of their choice

How I will choose said chick or team is sadly unclear.

6. Provide websites and mailing lists for chapters on the main server

I'd still like to do this, and it's a project that I will explore more
once the migration to Plone is complete.

-Mary