[Actionchix] yet another css design for linuxchix

Caroline Johnston johnston at biochemistry.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 11:30:01 UTC 2006

Hey guys,

> > It would be so nifty if a hover/click on the boxed arrow caused the
> > indented expansion.
> yes, the menu needs a little work - the section that is expanded should
> have an arrow pointing down and the links that do not have children
> should either have a page-like icon or no icon beside them. I just
> didn't have time to implement.
>
> On the other hand, fully expanded is how it would look to anyone without
> javascript enabled.

I've been playing around with CSS dropdown menus recently. They only use
javascript as an IE :hover fix. Would they be any use to you? eg
http://bioinformatics.essex.ac.uk/WebR/login (it's dropdown from the top,
but easy enough to swap to the left). Seems to work okay on firefox and
IE. I haven't tested on anything else though. It's based on
www.alistapart.com suckerfish dropdowns.

Cxx