[Actionchix] Some discussion?

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Oct 12 22:39:08 EST 2004

Here's mine:

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004, Mary wrote:
> 1. What projects would you like to work on that fits in with
> LinuxChix's goals (supporting women in Linux)?

I'd like to work on educational resources about Free Software philosophy
and methodology, aimed (where it matters) at women who'd like to get
involved.

It would be especially interesting to work on cross-cultural resources.

> 3. What are your experiences in previous volunteer projects?

I've been a small Free Software contributor: primarily documentation,
although I find the "we won't give you any feedback until we see a
product" attitude frustrating (although it is understandable given how
many people talk up a storm and don't produce anything).

I've also been involved in my local LUG as a committee member 2002 -
2004.

-Mary